Terms and Conditions
- Before being able to book their tickets, all clients must confirm that they have have travel insurance, and that they’ve read and understood these Terms & Conditions and the Waiver of Liability. NB: If a Client arrives for a tour without travel insurance you cannot go on the tour, you are not eligible for a refund, and you could be marooned there for several days at your own cost until alternative transport to Luang Prabang can be found.
- The minimum age is 16 years old. Those clients who are aged 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who must also confirm on their behalf, that they have read and understood the Liability Waiver, and Terms and Conditions agreements before being able to book.
- As a participant on this adventure tour you agree to abide by your guide’s instructions and to wear the safety gear provided at all times. Failure to wear the safety equipment may be putting other participants’ lives at risk should there be any incident. Guides are empowered to refuse to take anyone whom they believe may place other people’s lives in danger, or are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and if refused are responsible for finding and paying for their own way back to Luang Prabang.
- Please list any medical conditions you may have when booking, that may possibly impact the enjoyment by others on your journey. eg: diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, etc. While our guides are trained in first aid, you need to be aware that there is no immediate emergency medical assistance. Your only option for an emergency medical evacuation is by river boat. You are also solely responsible for any prescribed drugs you may require, as they will not be available on route.
- We’d also suggest that you read Village Etiquette for a Happy Stay on our Downloads web page, which gives some advice on how to behave respectfully in a village, as Lao culture is very different to our own and we don’t wish to inadvertently offend them. Maybe download these to your phone and read again before you arrive.
Bookings, Payment & Cancellation:
- Please make all bookings online. If you are having difficulties email us and we’ll be happy to do it for you. You will receive an email confirmation with name(s), a booking number and a receipt. This email is your ticket and must be produced as either a hard or softcopy at time of departure and booking numbers and names must match.
- If you have any requests regarding special meals and/or dietary requirements, etc please inform us when booking. Food is all fresh and is typically rice, eggs, fish, chicken, pork, vegetables and fruit. Such requests will be subject to confirmation and availability. Bottled water is supplied with all meals.
Cancellation, Refunds & Amendments for multi-day tours:
- Cancellation more than 21 days prior to departure – No Charge
- 15-20 days prior to departure – 50 % Charge
- Less than 15 days prior to departure – 100 % Charge
Cancellation, Refunds & Amendments for 1 day tours from Luang Prabang:
- From 7 or more days prior to departure – No Charge
- From 6 days to 3 days prior to departure – 50% Charge
- 2 days or less prior to departure – 100% Charge
- Any booking amendments made after a booking has been confirmed, will incur a US$20 fee. We cannot guarantee that we can transfer you into another tour within your schedule as seats are limited, but we will certainly do our best to accommodate you.
Weather or Flood related cancellation:
- After full payment is received, all arrangements are still subject to confirmation on the day of departure. Although unlikely, for safety reasons we may have to make a call on approaching adverse weather and/or the possibility of a flood or dam discharge higher upstream, as the sheer volume of water could compromise our strict safety standards.
- Should Mekong Kayaks have to cancel your tour, if you have booked online with us we will credit your credit card with the amount you have paid in US$. If you have booked through a travel agent or tour operator, they are responsible for your refund. Once the refund is made, Mekong Kayaks shall not be held liable for any further costs or charges incurred by you, which may also include any currency exchange losses.
- Tourists must possess a valid passport (with a minimum of 6 months remaining) and are responsible for obtaining the necessary Laos visas prior to departure into Laos. A Lao visa can be also obtained upon arrival for most nationalities at international border immigration offices. You can check here to see if your nationality can get a visa on arrival. Laos Visa on Arrival The cost varies with nationality and is typically around US$30-$40. There’s a Lao visa form for the border crossing at Chiang Khong/Huay Xai on our website’s Downloads page. You’ll also need a recent, passport sized photo.
- Any complaint must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of when your adventure tour ended. We’ll do our best to resolve it as soon as possible.
- We welcome private tours, and corporate team building groups and can design a kayaking, mountain biking and/or village adventure tour experience in conjunction with your wishes. Please contact email@example.com
Mekong Kayaks Responsibility:
Mekong Kayaks, their agents and sub contractors accept no responsibility for any injuries, damage, accident, illness, loss, delay, theft, weather, floods, quarantine, customs regulations, strikes, or changes in the itinerary, that may be caused to person or property. Any losses and expenses incurred are the sole responsibility of the Client. This includes not having the correct travel documentation, refusal of entry by immigration authorities, and/or possession of unlawful items, especially drugs.